Monday, February 18, 2013

Birthday Binge?

I've been out of blogging action for a week!  Sorry about that.  Still doing well.  Still eating well, as long as we forget that Friday and Saturday happened.

But I don't really want to do that - see Friday was my birthday, and part of the wisdom I've gained in my 32 years is, if you want sushi on your birthday, go for it, pig out and enjoy every bite.  And maybe if you're still feeling like carbs and fried rice with fried salmon just go ahead and eat it the day after.  So between that and my super creamy tomato soup my calories were a little out of control!  I got it out of my system, back on track and as of this morning I was only up 0.1 pounds from Friday morning anyway.

Which puts me today at 205.4. Which means that since January 1 I'm down 12.6 pounds.  It also means that my goal to lose 20 pounds by June 1 is going well because I'm already down 4.6.

So as you can tell I'm feeling really good.  I just have been self conscious about writing/posting this blog at work, even on my lunch break, for reasons I'm not going to post in public.  And it's tough when I get home, normally I eat early and bike or skype or whatever, and don't think much about logging on to the computer and being coherent ;)

It's amazing what momentum can do for you though, really I have been feeling good and energetic every day except today.  Last night I slept badly, and by badly I mean 3 hours tops.  I have a feeling that I'll be in bed around 8pm tonight just completely passed out!!  Even so I'm glad I got up and got on the bike this morning.  It was really difficult but I felt great afterward.

Not much else to report.  I hope you are all having wonderful days!

3 comments:

Astrid said...

Not a bad gain, all considered. Plus, well worth it considering what tasty things you had. And happy be-lated birthday, Kyoko! I totally want some sushi now, though...Haha.

Julie Donahue said...

Happy birthday!

Julie
http://halfajulie.blogsot.com

Mrs Swan said...

where is you????

 
template by suckmylolly.com