Monday, September 20, 2010

Sleepy Post...and Weigh In

Good evening lovelies. First let me say, holy crap what a weekend - I am truly, truly exhausted! Between my stressful Friday and my fabulous tea party on Sunday I just felt go-go-go all on a bum knee and it caught up with me this morning when I could hardly get up for work.


I didn’t post on Friday. I was having what you might call an absurdly frustrating day. I posted about my knee bothering me, so I had an appointment in the afternoon which meant stress all day, thinking about how much I don’t want to go see doctors of any sort and I just woke up feeling defeated. Hmmm…I’m going to have to start a better list of things to change and create these plans of attack – first I’ll work on not having any more mood swing nonsense, and second I’ll have to realize that doctors didn’t become doctors to intimidate and scare me personally. That would be a good thing to believe. Anyway one knee brace and a few large-ish doses of ibuprofen later, I am doing a lot better. I did a really slow version of the lunchtime walk today, and the more I walked on it the better it felt, to the point that I was barely gimpy by the time I got back to the office and spent a bit of time sitting with my knee bent, which I haven’t done pain free in about a week!

I haven’t really posted about what is going on with my puppy Chips but here is the very condensed version. His face was swollen so we went to the vet, who found a little bite mark that my food aggressive little spoiled princess dog Potato made, and the vet figured it had gotten infected. Got some medicine, went home and the next day it was worse. We ended up having to go to the emergency vet, who cut open his skin to let it drain out. It...was truly disgusting.

Fast forward to a week later, he seemed to be healing up ok. But then suddenly Friday morning his face started swelling again, and bad (yay, more stress!). Husbandcake took him back to the vet, who decided to knock him out and look to see if she could find what was causing the problem. If you are easily grossed out (and by that I mean, I almost threw up in the car with him on the way home and I’m about to describe why) skip to the next paragraph. She thinks what happened is that a foxtail got into his eye and burrowed its way down past his eye socket and into his forehead. Seriously the thing was almost at his ear. And it was huge. And to aid in the drainage of all the nasty stuff it caused him to make he has two little tubes sutured into his face. And they drip.

The end result though is that he will be ok now. He has his follow up appointment today and he will be well on his way to healing by tonight. And even though Potato is off the hook for making him all puffy and infected, we are still working on her food aggression (she lets me take it away no problem but not even Husbandcake can go near her when she eats. Stress! But less stress now that I know he will be ok.

What? Is there something I’m forgetting? Oh…yeah…my weigh in…
Last week’s weight: 186.9
This week’s weight: 186.8
Pounds lost: 0.1

Uh, yeah. I mean I was down to 186.7 on Sunday morning – and that was my lowest. Really I felt like I was off track this week. Too many treats, not to mention that while my tea party was fabulous and I was surrounded by wonderful people…I was also surrounded by some delicious food that made my calorie count at mumble mumble yesterday. Ok it was at 1800. Which would be fine on a really active day but on a totally inactive day (when my Bodybugg was apparently dead without me realizing) it was just way too much.

I haven’t posted weekly goals in awhile but I have one for this week. I felt happiest and healthiest when my daily calories were at about 70% fruits and vegetables (well…and I guess salad dressing), 15% meat and cheese type things and 15% delicious indulgences and carbs. Which are often one and the same. That is my plan for this week. I have one more day of Dr. Tabor’s diet, which I think I may stick with, and before you all start wondering, know me enough to know that while I’m totally excited about eating more candy like things…I’m not a salesperson and I am not going to dedicate my blog to yammering on about you all trying it too. Anyway, all that to say that I’m going to take some time after tomorrow to REALLY get back on track food wise.

I feel like I say that a lot. I hope that this time I mean it more than before. I was doing SO WELL for a few weeks and I really need that momentum back. Really, really need it. Without all the mental anguish that I went through losing that weight. So once again it’s time to buck up, forget about what I’ve been doing and start fresh. I am so close to my next milestone I can just almost see it and I want so badly to get there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a doubt in my mind you'll get there. :) Poor little Chips. I'm glad he's going to be okay. Congrats on that loss!

only a number said...

.1 down is always better than .1 up - at least you are going in the right direction. Keep it up cause you CAN do it!

Best regards to Chips (wondering if you are an Eric Estrada fan or if that is a former favorite snack food).

Brigitte said...

I hope the knee is better. Poor Chips! I hope he is back to normal soon. Sometimes life gets in the way and all you can do is hang on tight until the ride ends. Don't let the stress get to you. You can do it!

Karen said...

Glad that Chips is on the way to recovery :)

You'll reach your milestone in no time! It just seemed yesterday you got out of the 200's! What a great job you've been doing!

Raegun said...

hey there - I haven't been around this week, but just wanted to check in. I'm sorry to hear about pup. Hope he's back to his old, cute, self soon!

Tammy said...

Sad story about your pup, I hope he is doing better now. Is the knee brace and ibuprofen helping with the knee pain? I hope that feels better REAL soon.

I have no doubt that you get get back on track! Because your blog always motivates me to try harder, I've nominated you for an award.

http://anewertammy.com/2010/09/24/blog-award/

Anonymous said...

Your blog is one that I find absolutely genuine and 100% inspiring. You take on what matters, say it like it is, and keep going! We need more people like you supporting our joint journey in healthy living and sharing it all in the blogosphere.

That being said, I'm giving you the "A Blog with Substance" Award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up with specific instructions.

God bless you on your path. I'll be keeping tabs on you, but please don't hesitate to call on me for support! We are all in this together.

Many blessings,
Becky from http://MyWalkFromFlabtoFab.Blogspot.com

PS: You are beautiful! :-)

Mary - A Merry Life said...

Aw, poor chips! Hope he is 100% soon.

This week might not have been your week but I have no doubt you'll reach your milestone soon!

 
template by suckmylolly.com