I felt really whiny after yesterday's post. Maybe not whiny but definitely out of whack. I feel like I sometimes leave the impression that I've been in a crying void for a year, and that's not how it is. So I thought, I'm going to come back today and tell you 12 things from 2012 that have been the happiest points of this past year.
1. I got to know myself so well. And sure I turned out to be messier than I thought I'd be but I also turned out to be way stronger. Also I turned out to be independent and mildly obsessed with British chocolate.
2. People who I haven't seen in months or even years, think of me when they see unicorns, cupcakes, octopi, happy things. It's amazing to be associated with happy things, and it's uplifting when you don't feel happy.
3. I'm surrounded by people who taught me that you can lift someone up without pushing anyone else down. That can sometimes be a rough lesson to learn and at times it was hard for me but I'm very grateful I learned it.
4. I have friends here that I didn't know about. I thought they were acquaintances, or maybe friends of friends, but they aren't, they're MY friends and I'm so lucky :) they are way more amazing than I knew
5. And my friends that I met on the internet, they're real actual friends too. Way beyond the interests we have in common, they're there for me and make an effort to be a part of my everyday life even if they're across the country.
6. I can't be a vegetarian. I gave it a really good try, about a year. But I love to eat fish, also chicken. I don't know if that's one of the happiest points but fish is happy.
7. I can be responsibly irresponsible. I think this is a very important thing to be able to do, especially as a 30-something girl, and it's awesome.
8. I got to know my favorite rock band (Weezer). Like personally. And they've all been so nice to me that I want to pinch myself. Or one of them.
9. Also I've met a ton of Weezer fans and they're so nice. Sometimes they know me from Twitter or somewhere and they come up to me out of nowhere and just have nice things to say. It makes me smile every time I think about it.
10. I'm doing something nicer than I thought I was capable of. Sure it's for a friend who has been nicer to me than I thought possible, but I've been under a lot of stress trying to make his goals a reality and I've (mostly) been able to not whine about it and to just feel good about being nice.
11. My relationship changed with one of the most important people in my life. At times I have feared that the relationship was over, or that it was never going to be happy, but I think we proved that when two people love each other they can make it through anything.
12. I found the point between humble and self-depricating and worked my way towards humble. The theme of 2012 was not believing people could be so nice to me, and feeling like I couldn't possibly deserve it. But I'm working at realizing that I'm lucky, but that I don't have to feel like I don't deserve it. So I'm going to set out to be as awesome to them as they are to me :)
I feel more positive after that. I'll come back at you tomorrow and I hope you all have days that are made of rainbow and glitter and all that.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Posted by KyokoCake at 1:26 PM