First, I have to admit I didn't go on the walk. I went to go change for it and opened up my gym bag to discover no shirt. And I wasn't so keen on getting my dress all sweaty nasty so, oh well!! That was my little update for the afternoon :)
I got an award from Jen recently, and I am honestly just now caught up enough on blogs (you all have too many interesting things to say, and I have the most trouble keeping up!) so I wanted to say thanks Jen!!
There are three things with this award:
1). Thanks the recipient: Thanks Jen!! I love reading your blog :) we started all this at just about the same time and it always makes me happy to see your progress!
2). Link back the giver: Here is Jen's blog. You should go read it...just open it in a new tab, finish here and click over. Do it!
3). Reveal 10 things:
So I feel like if I get any more awards I don't know what else to say about myself. But here goes...
1. I'm terrified of up-escalators. The other day Husbandcake and I were on one and he reached out to get a piece of lint or something out of my hair and I yelled at him. Total gut reaction. I am oddly okay going down on escalators but up...is bad.
2. I like Twilight. Now I resisted for years and just started listening to the audiobooks on my commute and while working out. The writing is horrible, that is for sure - but I am really enjoying the story. Wow, that was even more embarrassing than I thought.
3. I wear flip flops every day. Yes in the winter, yes in the rain. Part of the reason I didn't exercise much until recently? I didn't want to wear shoes...my feet are claustrophobic.
4. A lot of people have those celebrity lists of people they want to/would sleep with. I do not, and I have trouble looking at other people that way. I am definitely more prone to finding famous men either:
5. If I could live anywhere, it would probably be my parents' house. They have the perfect house and yard, and I hope someday they'll sell it to me so I can live there again.
6. I am not artistic. People often think I am because I love crafts and I love to theme, but give me a pencil and a piece of paper and I can barely draw you a stick figure.
7. Jewelry is my weakness. I am actually friends with my jeweler. We will sit for hours designing jewelry - whether or not I buy it is a whole other thing but we have a ton of fun every time (and sometimes espresso vodka).
8. I don't have a group of friends. It annoys me sometimes. I love my friends but I feel like almost everything I do is one on one or double dates, and rarely have I had a girls day that didn't involve introductions at the beginning
10. This last one is not about me but is outrageous nonetheless - the city I live in (Clayton, CA) was recently knocked of CNN's Best Places to Live list because they wanted to cut out anywhere that had a population of less than 50,000. Which I find odd because the population of less than 50,000....is a big part of what makes it the very best place to live :)
Well I guess I have to do four things!! Now to hand out the award:
1). Brigitte at Poohpees World - for as much as I adore Brigitte you would never guess that in real life we have never spent a ton of time together. She lives sadly far away from me in Missouri (where my sister lives), just started blogging again, and is JUST AWESOME.
2). Jess @ That's Just How I Roll - who recently wrote a post that really hit home with me and I was so glad to read it. And glad that even though it was about feeling down she got right back up and made changes for the better starting the very next day!
3). Ice Queen @ Fat Like Me - I always love reading her blogs, whether she is talking about her walks or really getting a little deeper...they are awesome, and one of the ones that even when I'm way behind in my blog reading I try to catch up right away :)
I hope you will go ahead and check them out. They are all fabulous writers and even more fabulous ladies!!