Monday, July 26, 2010

Weigh In

I couldn't decide between writing out a longer post or taking more time to read all of your blog posts that I am, as always, so far behind on.  I think I read too many blogs, but how do you cut any out when you have such a good time keeping up with people??

Here is how I did yesterday:
Burned 2940 calories
Consumed 1462 calories
Deficit ofo 1478 calories

Alas it was not quite enough.  I knew while I was partaking in my three day wine and cheese and bread fest that the scale was not going to welcome me back with wonderful numbers and I totally got what I deserved.  Saturday morning I was at 210 and despite my active and fairly healthy weekend I still ended up with a disappointing weigh in!

Last week's weight: 206.7
Current weight: 207.6
Pounds gained: 0.9
Weekly goal: Two weekly goals this week, the first being to get back on track and eat well all week to make up for the anniversary trip.  The second goal is to burn 3000 calories in one day, sometime this week.

3000 calories is a lofty goal, I've never gotten that far before.  Even 2940 includes a 40 minute Wii workout, a bike ride to the store and back, and almost 2 hours of swimming (okay the swimming wasn't REAL swimming, it was hanging out in the water and I had to estimate my calories anyway because Bodybuggs aren't waterproof).

Still, that is a lot of activity in one day, I'm totally feeling it today, very sore!!  But it felt good and feels good now.  And going down two and a half pounds since Saturday felt good too - I know it was mostly water weight that I got rid of but if you guys even knew how much delicious food and bread I had in Napa...to only escape with less than a pound gained is nothing short of a miracle.

In the interest of complete honesty, I am sad to see a gain for the first time since I started my weight loss journey.  It is really, really sad.  On the other hand, I knew what I was doing the whole time, and every bite was worth it, every sip was worth it.  And it still feels worth it now, I loved letting go and having fancy food that does not come with calorie counts.  I didn't even attempt to track what I ate, but I know I stopped when I was full, and that's more than I've ever done in the past.  Husbandcake promised to get all of the pictures off of the camera and his phone today, so I will have an awesome vacation related post tomorrow!

Oh!!  Can you believe I almost forgot - let's end this on a high note.  I went to get my swimsuit yesterday and...it's huge!!  I tried on an old one and it was better but...it was still big.  LOVE IT!!!  It made me feel so fabulous to know that they were not only looser but that the one I've had for a year is so loose I couldn't even wear it!  Yay!!!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I think it's good that you're not beating yourself up over the gain, but instead acknowledging it and getting right back on track.

Yay! Now you get to go shopping for a new bathing suit!

Brigitte said...

I am so proud of you for getting right back on track! That was a ton of exercise in one day. Now, I'm exhausted. Time for a new suit!!

I was up too!! I didn't have wine, cheese and bread. Damn! lol

Fat Girl vs. World said...

1-2lb fluctuations aren't much in the grand scheme of things. Glad you're not sweating it too much.

I still say that you aren't eating enough... your body is trying to store the calories.

As per the bathing suit... way to be!!!!

Raegun said...

Try not to dwell on the gain. It is just a little blip on the path. And hey - with a 3000 calorie burn goal it certainly won't last!
Rae
xo

KyokoCake said...

@Midori - I know!! I am still getting used to this whole needing new clothes because my old ones are too big!

@Brig - I knew I had to do something to jump start my being active! Feeling disappointed that I forgot my walking shoes today, but after a bike ride tonight I will be right on track to being more active than before :)

@FGvW - I'm shocked (knowing how I've reacted in the past) at how little it's upset me!! And completely dumbfounded by my ability to turn my gain into constructive desire to exercise more! I'm very slowly working my way up to more calories again. I counted everything I brought to work today so that instead of coming home having eaten 400 calories I'm going to be around 600 - actually I thought of you this morning when I did that...lol it's like you're my little voice of reason!!

@Rae - I'm hoping it won't, definitely! Doing well today already, so it's looking good!

Fat for a Triathlete said...

Don't get sad about the gain, it happens.
Once a month, I see a gain of at least 2 pounds owing to the fact that I am female.
The last 9 months I haven't really celebrated a loss, but I have celebrated losses of more than 50cm with my PT.

It's strange how our bodies work, how they change (for better or worse!!) These things happen, and it might mean an even greater loss next week.

Keep up with the water drinking to flush your system, and like you said, sometimes those slips are worth it :)

I know you'll hate me for this one, but I burn 2300cal a day without exercise... as soon as I have a PT session I am well over the 3000 mark for the day. Explains why I sleep so well Wendesday nights :)

Fat Girl vs. World said...

I think that's one of the most important lessons for someone to learn -- to not feel destroyed when there's a gain, but to keep at it. If you are eating well, exercising, and honest with yourself, then you are still making progress, no matter what the scale says.

Honib1 said...

just found your blog .. great read.. and I can so relate.. what do you think about the Wii Fit.. I am debating purchasing one... ??

KyokoCake said...

@Jess - Whaaaa??? lol I think with no exercise I end up with less than 2000! The pitfalls of having a desk job and a naturally slow metabolism perhaps? But you're right, I am super jealous!! I definitely wish I could have a little less time dedicated to exercise to get my calories burned up to those numbers!

@Honib1 - Welcome!! I love my Wii Fit, it's awesome for a quick workout and actually burns more calories for me than biking. The games are fun but the aerobics like the hula hooping actually really get my heart rate up. I definitely recommend it!

 
template by suckmylolly.com