Saturday, June 19, 2010

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

(quick note that I don't have much spare time today or tomorrow so the next You're Awesome lesson is coming Monday!!  Until then just keep repeating to yourself every minute that you are awesome, because if KyokoCake believes it it MUST BE TRUE!!)

If you don't know me in person, you will not understand my post title but if you do, you know that when really awesome things happen sometimes I can't find the right words so I end up...screaming?  Yelling?  More like squealing with excitement.  I don't even know where to start with everything awesome that happened last night!!!

Here is how I did yesterday:
Burned 2504 calories
Ate 1248 calories
Deficit of 1256 calories!

All right so two things happened last night and I'll just go chronologically.

I had forgotten my lunch for work and I wasn't feeling very hungry so I just had an extra snack...and then by the time I got home yesterday I was famished!!  So I get home and try to persuade Husbandcake to go to our absolute favorite local Italian place and he looks at me skeptically.  I told him I haven't had much to eat and I'm ready to splurge it on cheesy delicious bruschetta and they make the best melt in your mouth lamb you've ever had (I know, not many people like lamb but I love it!).

My parents ended up stopping by, and we all headed over there.  We had sparkling wine which...I mean it just makes everything feel so festive and happy!!!  But here is where it gets really great - I only had two slices of the bruschetta before I felt completely stuffed.  I mean sure, when something is piled high with four kinds of cheese and caramelized onions you know it's not going to be low in calories but only two slices??  It was great.  My dinner came and I ate two bites of lamb and two bites of potatoes, along with all of my carrots, and I was done.  Done!!  That tortellini experience from the other night really opened up my mind, and now I feel confident that I eat really healthy food the majority of the time, so I can stop once and for all worrying about denying myself delicious things.  Not to mention I have at LEAST two maybe 3 more meals of that deliciousness to eat later!

All that and I still came under my 1500 calories.  Well under them in fact and I changed my Bodybugg goal to be burn 2400 eat 1400 instead of 2500/1500.

Oh but my friends that is not all.  We came home, sat around for awhile (Husbandcake had a bit of a tummy ache because he definitely pigged out a bit, what a role reversal!) and then I started chatting with my friend Erin.  She had had a frustrating experience earlier in the day and I was telling her that if she wanted to go out and talk or have fro-yo or anything we could - and she says to me "no...I think I'll run."

Completely blew my mind.  I thought that was such an amazing and awesome response, I just turned right then to Husbandcake and said, ok we can't put it off another day.  Today is the day I have to start running, and then someday Erin and I will be able to go running together because she is that great and that INSPIRING.  I have not ever responded to stress by actively doing something healthy.  It usually takes all of my willpower to not respond by baking cupcakes and eating them.

It takes me forever to get to the point, doesn't it??!  Here is the point, we did the first day of the C25K program, and I felt/feel just great.  I know for experienced runners it's nothing (you actually only run a total of seven minutes) but for a total fatty who has never not ever even in her thin days gone for a run??  I absolutely could not possibly be more proud of myself.

All right my fabulous bloggy friends, I hope your days are just THAT incredible!!  Mine will be!  I am going to have a healthy breakfast and then tonight go to the wedding of an old friend, and hopefully get some pictures of myself all fancied up because it's been awhile! ;)

9 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Running is the one thing i haven't tried yet!
Your are having an awesome week :)

Jen Lindstrom said...

I am SOOOOOOO Proud of you! WTG! I am starting to get the I'm full feeling on stuff that I normally would over indulge my self in. You have to post pics of yourself all dolled up for the wedding...and isn't this the weding that you decided not to buy a new dress for? I still think that is awesome that you didn't because it is like setting yourself up for failure. I myself ran for the first time since I was like 12 and I was only able to run for about 2 min but it was a start! My next goal is 5 min. Together we can lose our weight and start running! I love reading your blog cause It helps pump me for the day! I am awesome I am awesome I am awesome (see I am learning). Have A wonderful day! And have a blast tonight!

Ak said...

Congrats on all of those NSV's!! I am so proud of you for starting the c25k. I follow the program, too. Can't wait to see the pictures! Have a great weekend!

Natalia said...

Yay you! I'm excited for you! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol

Andrea said...

Hi KC, I'v just started following your blog - congratulations on the thought changes, these are the little connections that end up in great results! xx

Unknown said...

Okay, I don't think I even have words to tell you how proud I am of you!!! To do something for the first time, to cross that threshold...it is just so exciting to get to share these awesome beginnings with you! And, you will be AMAZED at how quickly you build up to your time, in terms of running. You are such an inspiration and you will continue to inspire us and surprise yourself. I look forward to running with you soon and sharing in your other accomplishments! YAY!!!! :)

KyokoCake said...

Thanks all! I am feeling so invincible lately :) like no matter what I do I know I cannot fail!! It's such a great feeling.

@spunkysuzi - I swore I would never be a runner, but I'm excited about giving it a try. I like having a lot of options when it comes to working out now that I have my bike, I can run, walk, do anything :)

@Jen - I can tell you from the run 1 minute walk 2, that I don't know if I could run 2 minutes straight yet so that is AWESOME!!

@Erin - You will have to go running with me when I get my super fancy "I'm a runner" shoes to break them in ;) lol!

Fat Girl vs. World said...

Is 1400 enough? I think the goal should be to burn more and eat more (especially quality foods like fruits and veg (even if they're on a warm and toasty piece of bread covered with garlic and a little olive oil))

1400 might just make your body think you're not eating enough and thus get your metabolism to slow down...

I'm not a doctor, but everything I've read starts with your BMR+activity level and then works backwards to find where your caloric intake should be. I eat 1800 calories a day.

KyokoCake said...

@fatgirl_vs_world - I just did some quick research online and it says I should be eating 2259 calories a day if I exercise moderately??!! I don't even know how to eat that much. I've just been eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm not...I don't know how to get in more calories without falling off the wagon and overeating...I will have to look more into it. Thanks for the heads up, I really had no idea!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com