Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What? I'm more fit than I thought?

I went on a 3 mile walk up and down a crazy steep hill during my lunch break.  In the insane heat (I usually walk when the sun is down!), knowing I'd have to go back to the office (all sweaty and super gross).  I was with a couple of totally awesome and in shape ladies that sit around me along with the two people running the Biggest Winner program and they were so encouraging even though I was crazy slow and it just felt REALLY good.  I pushed myself a lot farther than I do with Rob or even my friends, because with them I feel comfortable letting them know just how exhausted I am.

And I learned something!!!  I can go a LOT farther and a LOT faster than I give myself credit for.  My walks at home with Husbandcake are going to totally change, I really have to start pushing myself!  It feels so great :) I burned 498 calores and walked over 5000 steps.  This walk will be going on almost every day and I'm hoping that by the time this Biggest Winner program is over I hope I will be a total pro at that hill!

7 comments:

Ak said...

We are capable of more than we know! Way to go!

Fat Girl vs. World said...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate; our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?'
Actually, who are you not to be?
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Nelson Mandela

Spaghetti Cat said...

That is awesome girl! Its always nice to surprise yourself with how "awesome ;) " You are :)

By the way since reading your post I am totally pining for a Go wear fit (Body bugg thing) :)

misssarahlou said...

Its surprising just how much we can do... and how quickly we can improve when we push ourselves.

I went on a speedy 1 hour trail walk today, its the first time I have walked the trail and it was very hilly but I was surprising feeling fit compared to the last time I did a similar walk.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the Biggest Winner challenge.

Mrs Swan said...

Thats great! Yeah that you did so well on that walk!

KyokoCake said...

Thank you thank you!! I can't wait for the next walk. And pretty much every walk until I can kick that hill's butt.

@fatgirl_vs_world - love that quote!!

@spaghetti cat - Get one! They're awesome!! Actually I was REALLY hoping that the biggest winner prizes might include a couple of those that I could give away but it's not looking likely :( sad!

Spaghetti Cat said...

Maybe as a present to myself when I hit 160!

 
template by suckmylolly.com