Friday, June 11, 2010

Knitting!!!!!

Ooh I want to talk about something happy today!  But first....


Here is how I did yesterday:

Burned 2508 calories
Consumed 1355 calories
Deeficit of 1153 calories

So ever since I stopped eating that leftover Chinese food, my calories have been way down.  I've cut my rice down to a half cup per meal which is not too bad.  I have been eating fairly healthy food and really only paying attention to my calorie deficit, but I wonder if I should be setting my limit at lower than 1500.  Something to contemplate....
 
Well you may have gathered from the title of this post that I'm a knitter and I am really excited about it!
 
I knit and crochet and in general I am all kinds of craftsy.  And tomorrow is World Wide Knit In Public Day.  I am really happy.  I have an awesome group of girls that meet and work on projects together, and I can't wait to meet up with them tomorrow to celebrate!  And if you're in the Bay Area and you knit or crochet or want to learn, you should let me know, because we are seriously a great bunch of people :)
 
Even though it is knit in public day, I am a bit more of a crocheter.  Let me tell you why I love to crochet - it helps me lose weight!  I'm a big fan of anything that distracts me from food.  When I get bored I just want to taste something, if that makes sense.  I really wish they made the gum from Willy Wonka that tastes like tomato soup.  If they made gum in flavors like that I just feel like I would never need to snack again.  Anyhow, they certainly don't make it so I turn to yarn.  When I'm crocheting I can't eat - it will mess up the project.  It actually burns calories to move your arms and hands too, so it's an all around win.  Plus you can make just the simplest things but everyone LOVES them because you put your time and effort into it.  I'm a huge fan of homemade and personal gifts, and I'm a big fan of NOT thinking about food when I'm not hungry!
 
I'm curious, what other hobbies do you have that keeps you distracted from munching and other bad habits?
 
It's going to be a short post today because I'm super busy but I wanted to share that I'm nervous about tonight.  Some friends of ours called last night and invited us out for drinks, and this is the first time I'll be actually drinking like not just a little bit with a meal.  I'm a bit nervous about....the calorie contents.  I don't want to go super crazy overboard but I am not stupid enough to spend all day not eating to save calories, only to have one cocktail and go crazy dancing on bars, then get sick and black out.  So I'm not sure.  I'll definitely have a bit to talk about tomorrow and I'm hoping I don't spend the rest of the day stressed out about something that is supposed to be relaxing and fun with friends we haven't seen in awhile.  Wish me luck!!

ps I almost forgot that they SOLD OUT of that bike I posted yesterday - the manufacturer doesn't have any more :(  I have one on hold (see below) but it's not really ME...I want a bike now and this one is a good deal but feeling weird about getting one that is cute but not Kyoko-cute...and I have to decide today!  Pressure!

1 comments:

Natalia said...

Hey sorry to hear about your bike, that's a bummer!

I was doing kumihimo braiding for a while, but it was hurting my hands! I don't really have a hobby right now. I need to find another one.

 
template by suckmylolly.com