Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yet Another Reason I Totally Love Blogging


I want to start off by saying how awesome it is that Karen gave me this award today.  Because she mentioned in her post that it made her frustrating day a little happier - and it did for me too!!  I am really happy and all excited like at my first blogger award (did you see how I'm so conceited I just assume I'll get another?? lol).

The rules are to tell 7 things you may not know about me and then pass it on to 7 others...so here goes!  Should be pretty easy since I just started blogging ;) and you all have only seen a tiny sliver of all my crazy.

1.  I'm sexist.  In my marriage we take on very old fashioned gender roles, and even though our mortgage was a bit much for us at first and I had to enter the working world, we're currently trying to slowly wean ourselves off of using my paycheck so I can be comfortable after I lose the weight and get pregnant, to stop working (it's a long term plan!).  However I do want to make it 100% clear that it's only a decision for me, not for everyone and I would never impose my beliefs on other people.

2.  I love Lost.  The show.  Yeah, it's over and I'm still talking about it!  Husbandcake had a business trip to Hawaii back in April and I made him fly me to Oahu for a few days so that I could look at the places that they film.  100% worth it as we ran into two cast members at dinner one night including the guy who plays my favorite character (Daniel Dae Kim/Jin).

3.  I think I'm addicted to rice.  It used to be that Husbandcake and I would fight a lot.  A LOT, and I didn't realize why until one day he made the connection that if I hadn't had white rice in maybe 36 hours that I get really cranky.  I don't know if I should find it alarming or amusing!

4.  I hate awkwardness.  Some people revel in it and love shocking others or mistake being taken aback by being really impressed, but it's one of my pet peeves.  I hate embarrassing people and I hate it when things just get really awkward.  To the point that I made up a due date to a salesperson once because she was SO nice and she just really, really thought I was pregnant.

5.  I love weddings.  If weddings didn't take place on weekends and evenings I would be a wedding planner.  I was married just shy of 5 years ago and I still subscribe to bridal magazines!

6.  There is a Prius cult and I'm in it.  I love my car more than someone should love their car!  It's awesome and everyone should have one and save the Earth and all that nonsense but even more than that it's a reeeeeally nice car.

7.  I own at least 4 tiaras.  Not the plastic kind.  Well I have a couple of plastic ones but I'm not counting those.  I was never in pageants.  I am just one of those people that finds excuses to have Halloween costumes with tiaras or wear one on my birthday.  They are pretty much the epitome of girly to me and I feel like I'm still a little kid who wants to be a princess :)

And on to the 7 blogs I want to give the award to!!  I tried to pick people that I don't think have gotten it yet :) and I'm sure I am forgetting some that I love to read but here are a few of my faves:
1.  Jen Lindstrom @ 40 Weeks/280 Days to a Healthier Me! - who started blogging only a few days after me which makes me feel extra...accompanied on this journey!
2.  Spaghetti Cat @ The Journey of Spaghetti Cat - who has an awesome attitude and is just a sweet person!
3.  C @ Breaking Free...I need to escape this food prison - because I just really like the way she writes!
4.  Fatgirl vs world @ I go through life in inches and pounds - who always writes about interesting and awesome things! (plus you have to love her profile pic)
5.  Monica @ Confessions of a + Sized Girl - whose posts I always look forward to because it's such a complete glimpse into someone else's life!
6.  Screaming Fat Girl @ Screaming Fat Girl - who completely always brings out the philosopher in me!
7.  Gilly @ Something Something Something Fat Chick - who is both insightful and funny!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess great minds think alike. I, too, gave you this award in my post today. You are awesome, what can I say!!!

karen said...

Love your 7!!! I think being a wedding planner would be awesome ... and yet Tom and I really have no intention of actually getting married :)

KyokoCake said...

Debbie :) that's so sweet!! Yay, ok I'm going over to look right now! lol

Karen believe me when I say that planning other peoples' weddings is sooooo much less stressful than your own anyway!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha I love it, i'l do anything to avoid an awkward moment too, even if it makes me look a little stupid! Actually maybe I should work on that, it's probably not a good thing looking naieve just to avoid dealing with something. But otherwise it's not a bad thing :)

Fat Girl vs. World said...

Thank you so much for the award :) I'm glad that you like my blog.

I love your writing -- you're witty and entertaining!

Spaghetti Cat said...

Awww I love this, and you def. deserve it :)

Thank you so much for the award as well, you are too sweet!

 
template by suckmylolly.com