Friday, June 18, 2010

Quick AWESOME news!!!

I just found out that my office is planning to have a biggest loser type competition!! We all start on Monday - I can't wait! :) It will all be done but the % of weight you lose with weigh-ins every couple of weeks through August and PRIZES!!! I am really excited, I am just picking up motivation here, there and everywhere!
I know I've said before that I'm the largest person at my office and it is a little intimidating to think about being weighed in front of people and knowing that they will know exactly how fat I am.  It's so silly though because I fully expect nothing but high 5's and a lot of encouragement from the people I work with.
Yay!!! Can't wait!!! :D

Also forgive me if I'm not doing this right:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be fun!!! Losing weight and winning prizes!!!

Spaghetti Cat said...

Ohhhh How exciting! I think that is AWESOME girlie!
PS Can I say I am still in love with your bike??

screaming fatgirl said...

I'm a bit dubious about "biggest loser" contests as I'm not a fan of the abusive method of that show (and wouldn't like to see people emulate the unhealthy rapid losses they push for).

That being said, I wish you luck. Just take care of yourself and don't push too hard!

karen said...

So cool!!! I keep saying we should do something like that here since we've got SO many people who could use the push .... but so far no takers.

KyokoCake said...

Thanks ladies!! I am really excited. I actually don't plan to change up my routine that much except maybe do a little more exercising and a little less calorie-splurging! I'm sure it's all geared towards the ladies in my office who have only an extra 5-10 pounds to lose so I think I might be the only serious one...

@Spaghetti Cat - I've only taken it out twice :( how sad is that?? I am just waiting for Husbandcake to finally choose his bike so we can go riding together!

@screaming fatgirl - How is the show abusive? I thought they were under doctors care and all that? I've actually never watched the show so I don't really know anything but the basic premise, but I have noticed sometimes that people compare their weight loss to the show which seems a little unrealistic!

Natalia said...

Yay how exciting! :) I think the contest sounds fun and it's a great way to keep your motivation going! :)

Ali said...

I love your cake themed blog! So cute! Congrats on your weight loss so far. I found you through the Fat to FIt link up. What an awesome work place. It is great to have support in all areas of our lives. I have a fear about weighing in with people seeing but I know they will be supportive of you. x

 
template by suckmylolly.com