Saturday, June 5, 2010

Highs, Lows and Restlessness

I had highs and lows yesterday...I really struggled with everything!  Work was rough, and I came home and ate fudge.  Fudge!!  Ok luckily it was low fat low calorie - I had already cut it into 20 calorie bits just to prevent myself from eating too much.  So even though it was stress eating, I was really happy to keep it to 40 calories!

Here is how I did yesterday:

Burned 2487 calories
Consumed 1486 calories
Deficit of 1001 calories - barely made my goal of 1000 calories!

Yesterday was an awful day for eating.  Specifically stress eating.  I woke up, felt great, got out of the house quickly and then realized AFTER my 40 minute commute that I forgot my entry badge/key thing.  I waited in the elevator lobby for someone to show up but nobody did for almost an hour.  That's a whole hour of being in a tiny room that is about 90 degrees while I was not getting paid.  Needless to say I was not a very happy camper.

I was soooo tempted to just sit at my desk with a donut...and even now I think the biggest reason I didn't give in is because I didn't want to wreck my first week!  I ended up getting so stressed that I left work early, came home and had my fudge, and then took a nap.  I had eaten ok all day, and I really was not up for exercising.  I felt a ton better though, and had a good dinner to make up for that fudge.

Then...after dinner I started reading a few blogs, I love reading when people go through the same things I am and it was really awesome to see other people struggle but still get out there and eat well and get fit.  And suddenly I was feeling this really rare sensation...it was restlessness!!!  You all cannot believe how exciting that is for me.  I am possibly one of the laziest people alive.  I actively enjoy sitting.  Right now I'm sitting and believe me it's fabulous.  And I'm going to enjoy sitting even more this afternoon, when my new sofa is delivered.  So to feel like I WANTED to get up and do something was just awesome!!

We went on a walk around the neighborhood with my dogs - the older two anyway, we also have a puppy but he hasn't had all his shots so sadly he had to stay behind.  And even more awesomely, we went a lot farther than we intended because I was not feeling tired or ready to stop walking.  It was a really tiring walk for the dogs, but they were great and it was a ton of fun.

Today I'm going to lunch with a friend...it will be really easy to eat poorly!  I'm also feeling sore today so I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to get in much exercise but I hope I can!!  I hope you all are having a wonderful beautiful weekend!

7 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Oh, my gosh - the same thing happened to me at work. I drove the 30 minutes to my office, and sat outside waiting because my keycard was left on my coffee table. I didn't have to wait as long as you, but I definitely clocked in late :(

I've read a few of your posts, and I'm looking forward to reading more. It seems like you're doing well. I think it's key to just track what you're putting in your body. Your numbers can't lie!

KyokoCake said...

Thanks Amy Jo!! I am doing pretty well - still trying to find a way to eat what I like but not go overboard :) but I'll get there!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading some of your comments on your blog since you started. I am impressed with your resolve, however I have a question: You have stated in one blog entry that you 'dress cuter' than most girls you know (i'm paraphrasing). My question is: How is that possible when you are severely, obesely, overweight?

KyokoCake said...

Anonymous, I think I wear cuter things than just about everyone. I know it sounds vain, but if I didn't think my stuff was the cutest I definitely wouldn't buy any of it! I would hope that most people think their clothes are the best and that's why they buy them :) we should all think we have the best clothes...or else get to work on changing your look up so that you love the way you look.

The question of how I can have self confidence in the way I look...well that is so much to go into in just a comment. But check out the blog tomorrow and I'll have what I think is a great answer for you!!

Thank you for reading!! :)

Natalia said...

I can relate to the stress eating. Good for you keeping it at 40 calories!!! :)

Spaghetti Cat said...

Good job setting yourself up for success- portioning things and making plans! Sorry you had a rough day but glad things turned out good in the end :)

Alison Fay said...

Just found your blog, and really enjoy it! I can total relate to your struggles with weight and exercise! Can't wait to keep reading!

If you get a chance, check out my blog - www.fatbutchanging.blogspot.com

 
template by suckmylolly.com