Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Falker Satherhood!




If you don't know what falker satherhood is...you really should check out Cake Wrecks...especially for someone who loves all things cake related like me it's hilarious :) I hope that all of you are able to spend Fathers Day with the dads in your life, I am excited to go hang out with my dad and head down to have dinner with the whole family and my grandfather.  Can't wait!

The wedding and my whole day was great!  Despite my complaining about not loving my dress and wanting to wear the waste-of-money one, I felt good in it.  I loved my jewelry, got a new necklace and wore my favorite humongous amethyst ring that I put on every chance I get!

In front of the chapel

Here is how I did yesterday:
Burned 2518 calories
Consumed 1680 calories (which is funny because I JUST changed my goal to 1400)
Deficit of 838 calories

NOT BAD!!  But I have to say that out of that 1680 - 565 were from WINE.  Yikes!  Let's just say I was feeling pretty good that night!

So in the morning, we met up with our friends Mark and Jen at Chow, where I had eaten but never breakfast.  We sat outside and I had these amazing lemony pancakes with raspberry sauce.  Then Jen and I went to get our nails done (our pre-wedding ritual since I got married in 2005) and we met back up at our house to veg out for awhile before the wedding.  The ceremony was at St. Mary's College and they just have the most beautiful campus and chapel!

The happy couple!
After the ceremony while the bridal party was taking pictures we had a bit of time and so we wandered around and had a bit of a photoshoot!

Galileo is my homeboy - we have the same birthday!


It's kind of a boring portrait shot but I love the way he looks in a suit!!

Me with my girls!  Jen on the left and Rainbow on the right.

As cheesy as it is to walk around taking a photoshoot we had a ton of fun and laughed a lot :) I love this shot!

Another one of me and my hunny!

And then we were off to the reception, which was really fun - even though I was a little worried about a buffet I did REALLY well on the food - filled my plate with salad and fruits and veggies, and only ended up eating two teensy slices of beef.  And I didn't finish either :) it just feels so awesome to not always be concerned with how much I can eat and how good it is to be eating.  Food should not be the center of my life!!

This is one of those pictures...I love it and I love the way we look but GEEZ my arms are humongous and my dress is all hanging in a horrible way.  Lol!!  But I had to put it in because the sentiment is there and I love that man and weddings just make me want to marry him again and again!!

6 comments:

Ak said...

You look gorgeous! I love your dress! :)

screaming fatgirl said...

You can always tell when a couple is really happy together because of the smiles, and you and your husband look so happy together. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures. :-)

WWSuzi said...

You both look absolutely wonderful!!

Spaghetti Cat said...

Awww! I love this post so much! You look like you had a blast! I can totally relate to the not fodd obsessed feeling! its great when you realize how little thought and time you spend with food and actually spend your life LIVING!
You and husband cake are such a gorgeous couple! <3

PS I love cake wrecks, though it has been a while, thanks for reminding me!

Fat Girl vs. World said...

I'm a cakewreck fan as well!
I was looking at the most recent posts on my way back from visiting my dad in NY.

Agreed on the cute pics... but I'm just going to throw it out there -- I'm willing to bet that you have some great legs hidden by fabric...

KyokoCake said...

Thank you!!

@mae flowers - I don't give that dress credit, I only bought it because it was on clearance at Lane Bryant and I fit a size 18 at a time that I was only wearing 24s...but I do feel good in it!

@screaming fatgirl - that is a really, really sweet compliment. I do love being around him and it was just a great day!

@spunkysuzi - thanks!!

@spaghetti cat - Isn't it a great feeling?? And a much, much easier way to go through life :)

@fatgirl_vs_world - you will all have to see when I post more pictures as it gets hotter...most of my dresses are fairly short! I atually do like my legs a lot ;) and hey if I keep running they'll only get better!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com